Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stairwell to Heaven

So I am now in Chardon. My new companion is Sister Neslen. It is awesome. I haven't really gotten much time to be in our area yet, but hopefully we'll get a few hours this week. So me and Sister neslen served in the Kirtland ward together for a couple transfers and she goes home a transfer after me and the companion she had right before me went home. I love sister Neslen so i'm really excited. I was really sad to leave Kent.

So in our area in Chardon is completely different from Kent. There is us and another set of sisters in the Chardon branch and for the most part it is old people. It's going to take some getting used to so I'll have to get used to it fast. All the members I have met are all awesome and super solid and they are the most welcoming people ever. They are so sweet. We had to leave early from church so I didn't get to meet a lot of them though.

We have some Amish areas in our area in Burton and Middlefield. We don't have much of the town of Chardon, but a lot of really small somewhat towns. The only day we've had in our area so far we went to this little town called Montville. It is a lot of country. We ended up having to get lunch somewhere in Montville. Let me tell you where you can go to find food there. There is the Montville Country Store which is owned my an Indian (the country) couple. It was a little sketchy, but we are still a live.

So we are living back up in Kirtland so we are back to being at the Visitor's Center three or four days a week. We are there Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then every other Wednesday and our pday is on Tuesday. It is so weird to be back living in Kirtland. There are so many new sisters and the ones that I know have left so it's a lot different.

So on Sunday we had a super busy day at the visitors' center. Me and Sister Neslen had to split up because there was so many people and we didn't even get to give a tour together that day. It's a little weird. I ended up talking a lot and my throat was getting a little sore and couldn't really talk very well.

Also, when we were in Kent on Wednesday we were having a lesson with Dan in the Kent State library and they had a tornado warning so we had to go and sit in the stairwell and have a lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation. He still loves the trinity.