We got to go to the temple for training meeting this week and it was really neat.
So we still haven't had a lot of success finding or teaching people. People just love to cancel on us. One of our appointments for tonight already cancelled. I guess sometimes they have good reasons.
We had a few tours at the visitors' center this week. They were some really good tours. Two of them on Friday were young families. They were really awesome families. The kids were so smart. It's neat to see them teaching their kids cause a lot of the times we don't really know where they are at or exactly what to do. They were really smart with the gospel and you could tell that their parents had already taught them a lot. One of them was like eight or so and he knew some church history that i don't think i would've known. He acted kind of bored a lot of the time too.
There was one kid. He was hilarious. We just laughed the whole time. He was two, but he said he was six. If you just think about calvin and hobbes he was calvin. Every time we left a building he would just start running and he would pick up sticks and some of them were bigger like branches. He would pretend they were a light sabor. He talked about shooting the bad guys with his lasers. We watched the movie at the end and we told him there were some bad guys in it and he started going off on a bunch of things in star wars.
We also took a family on tour that had two boys in it. They were 15 and 16. So we got to talk a lot about missions and the mom wanted to know a lot too and how to prepare them. It was a lot of fun. They will be awesome.
So conference was like the best. It really is just the greatest. When me and sister goodman talked about it there were a few things that were repeated like the one scripture that says "i have overcome the world" and also "This is my Beloved Son-Hear Him!" and i'm sure there were more things, but i can't remember.
I also liked how in many of them, especially on saturday, they talked about us being Heavenly Father's heavenly children and just how important that is. As long as we know that, we should be good, right. We can know more about our divine potential. I loved President Eyring's talk. I love him and President Uchtdorf's. His from the Young Womens broadcast was really good too. I forgot my notes, but i remember liking them a lot. There was also a lot about how the gospel can bring peace into your life. I guess that goes along with obedience which they talked about a bit too. It all just goes together.
My birthday was good. Sister Goodman made me breakfast, like tons of it. I was really good. I got muffins, eggs, pancakes, and a smoothie. We just watched conference (at the ward). There weren't many people there. Nobody knew it was my birthday so that was good. But then on sunday Bishop Mar's wife came up and said i have you birthday cake for you, but there weren't any other desserts for the linger longer so i had to put it on the table so you'll have to go and get one first. I was really good. I think it was an orange swirl cake.