Monday, May 20, 2013

"After you hear it you'll want to be a Methodist."

This week we were in Kirtland on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's always really weird when they mix up your schedule. On wednesday we went to pioneer school in the morning. It's kind of a historic thing where school kids go and learn about the olden days and we help them make candles and do a little lesson on different candles. A couple of the senior sisters were assigned to go and they were really scared so they had us go with them since we had been there before. The lady that is usually there to help and basically do everything wasn't there and we really have no idea what we are doing, but it was really fun.

We went on exchanges again this week. It was a short exchange. We just went from after district meeting til right before planning. I got to go with Sister Joseph into her area. It was so fun. I was so happy to be back with her again. I was really scared because they planned this day of biking on that day. I don't really have biking skirts and the whole backpack thing on a bike just kind of scared me. Every time I thought about biking I just thought of Holly trying to take a picture of a cow. But the brakes on one of the bikes weren't really working the best so we ended up not biking which i ended up being kind of sad about, but we had a fun day anyway.

On Friday we randomly got to serve at the Johnson Home. It was so great. It is such an amazing place. I wish we could serve there more. It really is just a sacred home. We were really happy because we had a little bit of time in the morning to learn the tour from the senior couple that was there before a bunch of people came and we got to do like three tours after that. I'm so glad we got to go. There was a group with two couples that we met. One couple met when they were both serving missions in Georgia and the other guy was someone he baptized on his mission and then they introduced him to his now wife. It was so great. I don't know if that made sense, but it was a neat story.

We got to talk to quite a few neat people last night when we just decided to walk around this block. We walked up to a few people who were outside their house and we told them who we were. A couple of them turned to one of the guys and said "don't tell your joke." We kind of wanted to know it, but kind of didn't either. We asked him what the joke was and the other guy said "after you hear it you'll want to be a Methodist " It was really funny. He never did end up telling us the joke. None of them were interested in learning more right now, but it was a great experience.

We did go out to dinner at this restaurant on Saturday night. There is this potential that we are trying to meet with, but we haven't had a lesson with him yet and we met him on Easter. So we went to the restaurant that he cooks at and he made us some yummy sandwiches and hopefully we are going to be able to teach him tonight. Yay. Hopefully it goes well.