Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Happy Columbus Day!
Fall hasn't come in full bloom yet, but it's coming. I already got some leaves off the trees. It's so pretty.
So we were planning on jojo getting baptized either the 19th or the 26th and so last wednesday she had her interview with president Vellinga. We went in after with them to talk and she passed. And somehow pres. Vellinga was wondering why she was waiting so long to get baptized (she's already waited long enough). So he suggested this friday or next (and this was last week). I'm sure we had really stressed looks on our faces when he said in two days. So she is getting baptized this friday! Yay! It's been lots of fun. She was so happy. She is really worried about bearing her testimony at the baptism and having the right underwear.
So for conference we were at sites on saturday so we got to watch it there. The only tour we took was only like an hour or hour and a half right in between sessions because they wanted to get back in the car before the next session started. It worked out perfectly. So many of the senior couples have gone home in the past month. It's so sad.
But conference was great. 19! That is so crazy. We were freaking out. The thing is that most everybody here wouldn't have gone at 19 even if they had the chance. I definitely wouldn't have. I was pretty stupid. Still am sometimes.
On sunday we basically spent most of the day at the church. We had correlation at the bells and breakfast. It was weird to have conference at 12 and 4. After we went right to the church and watched the first session then had a pot luck with the ward in between and then watched the second session. Then we waited for jojo to come back so she could get a suit and see the font. It was crazy because they changed the locks so we didn't have the right key. I got some exercise running back and forth.
We had some cool lessons this week. The spirit is kinda way awesome.
Guess what. I got my hair cut. Sister Clausen is a hair stylist so i can wear it down now. I haven't cut my bangs yet cause i don't know what i'm doing yet with them so those are still up, but it was a really exciting day. We really have been like praying her here.